Investing sustainably means putting your money to work on issues ranging from adapting to and mitigating climate change, and improving working conditions and diversity, to tackling inequality.
More and more, investors want to invest sustainably: they want to combine investing for a financial return with a positive contribution to the environment, society or both.
At BNP Paribas Asset Management, our full range of investment strategies adopt a sustainable investment approach. This means they integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors; investor stewardship; responsible business conduct and product-based exclusions; and a focus on three thematic areas to promote a sustainable future.
Why sustainable investing?
Quite simply, it is worth it. Investing sustainably can be financially rewarding by, for example, steering clear of companies that are exposed to pollution lawsuits, labour unrest, shareholder disputes or other events that can damage their reputation and business performance.
Also, quite simply, it makes sense. In the long run, our planet is served better with low-carbon energy, environmental sustainability, and equality and inclusive growth. As an investor, you can help shape a better world by investing sustainably.
Sustainability is at the heart of our business and our investment decisions. We are focused on achieving long-term sustainable returns for clients.
- Long-term commitment to sustainability. A 15-year plus history in sustainable investment, including ESG research and integration, stewardship and issuer engagement, and now a range of thematic and impact funds
- Recognised ESG performance. We are recognised in assessments and rankings by the likes of PRI, ShareAction, Broadridge, WWF, Majority Action and Influence Map
- Thought leader and advocate. We are active in 40+ industry and engagement initiatives including the PRI, IIGCC and TCFD
- Dedicated sustainability centre. A team of more than 25 ESG professionals with financial, economic and legal expertise supports our global investment teams
- Global scope. We integrate ESG research and analysis across all strategies, asset classes and geographies
ESG criteria are central to the way we come up with investment ideas, create portfolios, control risk and use our influence with companies and markets to improve sustainability. Across all asset classes and geographies, our funds reflect a sustainable investment approach.
For investors that wish to invest with an even more explicit ESG angle, we also offer enhanced ESG and thematic and impact funds as part of our Sustainable Plus suite.
|ENHANCED ESG||FEATURED ESG|
|Our enhanced ESG funds invest in the most sustainable companies, leading to results that reflect even more stringent ESG selection criteria and/or carbon footprint targets.||BNP Paribas Global Equity|
BNP Paribas Sustainable Europe Multi-Factor Equity
BNP Paribas Sustainable US Multi-Factor Equity
BNP Paribas Sustainable Euro Bond
|THEMATIC AND IMPACT||FEATURED FUNDS|
|Our thematic funds invest in companies providing solutions to specific environmental and/or social challenges, while our impact funds invest with the goal of having a measurable positive social and/or environmental impact.||BNP Paribas EARTH|
BNP Paribas Ecosystem Restoration
BNP Paribas Energy Transition
BNP Paribas Global Environment
 PRI: Principles for Responsible Investment;
 IIGCC: Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change;
 TCFD: Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures. Trademark, copyright, & other intellectual property rights are & remain the property of their respective owners.
PODCAST28/06/2021 · 3 Min
OUTLOOKS AND RESEARCH12/05/2021 · 1 Min
OUTLOOKS AND RESEARCH20/05/2021 · 1 Min